You can now view past services on the website, www.fpcfranklin.org.
Summer Worship and Sunday School
Sunday Worship – 9:00 a.m. – One Service Only
Coffee Time – 10:00 a.m.
Sunday School – 10:15 a.m.
SUMMER COFFEE TIME
Coffee Time – 10:00 a.m. – Wilson Hall
Come connect with your church family!
Through the summer months, we will be singing some of your favorites as found in Glory to God - The Presbyterian Hymnal. We will do so each week at 8:50 a.m. -- approximately ten minutes prior to the beginning of worship.
Growing in Faith Together for ADULTS, YOUTH AND CHILDREN
Sunday School: 10:15 each Sunday through July 30
Have you had a chance to attend Sunday school this summer? Take advantage of this opportunity to study and learn together. This year we will be having one worship service at 9:00 a.m. and Sunday school at 10:15 a.m. until July 30. Pastor Chris will be leading the ADULT class on The Road to Character in the Barr Conference Room #212. This will be a great follow up to his sermon series on the same book by David Brooks along with various scriptures texts. The CHILDREN will meet in room 210 and the middle and high school YOUTH will meet jointly in the youth wing. A NURSERY is provided for infants through 3-year-old children in room 111.
Share the Table
- Every Sunday from Father’s Day till Labor Day! What is Share The Table? It is an initiative started here at First Presbyterian Church approximately ten years ago to serve two purposes:
1. Church members are asked to share their talents of gardening, baking, growing fruits, growing berries, or performing any craft, or goods collected from interesting places you travel & bring to church as a donation for the table. All donations to the table become a donation to GraceWorks. Church members are asked/invited to shop from the table and make donations for what they take. All proceeds are then given to GraceWorks.
2. GraceWorks, is our local helping hand to all those in need with clothing, rent, utilities, food and much, much more. http://graceworksministries.net/
Wednesday Night Dinners @ 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday Night Dinners @ 6:00 p.m. We will not meet the next two weeks for Wednesday Night
Dinner. Our next dinner will be on July 5th at Culver’s in Cool Springs. See
5: Culver’s 3400 Mallory Ln, Franklin, TN
Panera Cool Springs Market 2000 Mallory Ln
July 8, 8:00 a.m. The Society of St. Andrew will organize having the beans picked up by various local support agencies, however, if you know of a local agency who would like to benefit as well, let us know. Join us for this fun fellowship time that will bring fresh produce to our neighbors. Last July we diverted 4000 pounds of beans from the landfill, that were divided between three agencies:
* Martha O'Bryan
* Feed America First in Murfreesboro--agency that distributes to rural areas in Middle TN.
* Grace Place: serves single mothers and their children who are experiencing homelessness in Hendersonville, TN.
Do you have a truck that dreams of being a missionary? We are looking for willing drivers to head to Crossville early to pick up our green beans for July 8th 2NDSAT. Let us know if you can help. Email email@example.com.
Strong backs are needed!
On Saturday, July 8 we need help moving the furniture and boxes out of the storage pods back into the downstairs rooms. We will begin at 7 a.m. Email Kim Joiner if you can help, firstname.lastname@example.org
The King of Instruments - The Pipe Organ
Its origins date from 400 to 700 years before the person of the Christ, want to know more? Make plans to join us for Sunday School at 10:15 a.m. on Sunday, July 16th to do so.
Youth Summer Trips!
Who: Rising 9th - Graduated 12th grades
Where: Detroit, MI with Motown Mission
When: June 25-July 1, 2017
2017 Middle School Mission Trip
Who: Rising 7th-8th grades
Where: Asheville, NC with Asheville Youth Mission
When: July 9-14, 2017
2017 High School Montreat Trip
Who: Rising 9th-Graduated 12th grades
Where: Montreat Conference Center, Montreat, NC
When: July 23-29, 2017
Important Youth Dates
July 9-14: Middle School Mission Trip
July 23-29: High School Montreat
August 6: Youth Mission Trip Presentation (Sunday School)